Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cosmetic Safety Issues Hit Mainstream Media

So there I was trying to knock out a post on the dangers of phthalates and BPA, struggling to cull through extensive research,12 syllable words and my own shortcomings as a writer when I realized I was typing the same idea over and over. And it still was confusing. I needed a break. Did I get up to stretch? Or maybe take a short walk? Hmmmm... well...

Turning away from papers and reports I decided to check Facebook. And right there in the "Most Recent" stream I read an incredible thing has happened.  Glamour magazine has taken an unprecedented step for a magazine of its kind. Their May issue is shining the glaringly bright spotlight of truth on phthalates, BPA, and tributyltin (TBT) in an article written by the very smart and very thorough Melinda Wenner Moyer.  

In "The New Toxic Threat to Women's Health", Ms. Moyer starts out with this warning, "They’re in your bathroom, your kitchen, your fridge — and mounting research hints they could be wreaking havoc on your weight, fertility and immune system." Then she launches into a break down of the chemicals, backs her statements with research and ends by offering suggestions on how to avoid further contamination.


There are just so many things I want to quote from this article! I think it’s probably best if I give you the link so you can see for yourself. 

Thank you Glamour, thank you Melinda Wenner Moyers and thank you Campaign for Safe Cosmetics for among so many other things, providing the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment