Thursday, May 5, 2011

Caudalie Premier Cru Reviewed

Thinking of luxury and fine wines? Maybe a beautiful stately vineyard, villa and spa beauty just outside a small French town? How about fine french cuisine?

Caudalie embodies all of it. This is definitely a luxury brand. And at $150 for 1.7 oz... well you get the picture.

Or to say it more crudely....this stuff is the bomb! A member of Sephora's natural seal line it has earned this report from me-


It feels incredible! This is how my face felt after I finally indulged in a facial:
Smooth, soft, hydrated. And I looked airbrushed! NO pores in sight...sigh...


Everything they say about it's efficacy is right on ... if not somewhat modest. The little old woman in me ... the one with thin, dehydrated, wrinkled skin wanted this stuff. Lots and LOTS of this stuff...


But "Debby Downer" that I have become -only regarding cosmetic claims-  I had to put Premier Cru to the Skin Deep database test.


Since I was reviewing a sample and I hadn't just shelled out 150 bucks on this little bit of luxury I marched courageously into the fray.  How could I lose? If it's a safe product maybe I can justify eating dry dog food for six months to pay for it. If it's not safe I've just saved myself from some miserable meals. And saving my cash for better uses...

Score: 4 ... and for me a no-brainer.  Too many additions to the "chemical soup" brewing around me.
Score
Data: Limited
Health ConcernMODERATE
Product Typefacial moisturizer / treatment
Made byCaudalie by CAUDALIE USA, Inc.
Data last updatedMay 2011
how to read the score
Health concerns of ingredients
About the ratings
Overall Hazardyes
Canceryes
Developmental & reproductive toxicityyes
Allergies & immunotoxicityyes
Use restrictionsyes
Other HIGH concerns: Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive), Miscellaneous, Irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs), Contamination concerns
Other MODERATE concerns: Neurotoxicity
Other LOW concerns: Ecotoxicology, Data gaps, Enhanced skin absorption, Occupational hazards

So what are you going to do? How high a rating is too high for you? Why? What else would you like me to review?  I'd love to hear from you!